Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Red and Green Tomato Salad


I made this recipe 3 or 4 times this year, since I had a lot of green tomatoes to use up. I really enjoyed it, although a few people I served it to were less than enthusiastic. It is a bit on the tart side, but a good way to use green tomatoes and very pretty!

Ingredients:
2 large very ripe red tomatoes
2 large green tomatoes
1 small red onion
1 red pepper, chopped (optional)
1 recipe French dressing

Instructions:
Slice or chop red and green tomatoes
Thinly slice red onion and add to tomatoes (I sliced it once and chopped finely the next time)
Add French dressing and chill for several hours before serving
I added orange bell peppers because I had them the last time I made it, and they looked really pretty in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment