Friday, October 10, 2014

Banana Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

Okay, so this is the very last of the banana zucchini bread recipes from the collection of 50 zucchini bread recipes. I don't know why I always end up with overripe bananas, but I do. So now that I've made all the recipes, I guess I better start eating my bananas faster!

This one wasn't much different from the Greek yogurt chocolate chip zucchini bread, but it was okay. It, like most of the recipes, turned out a little gummy. I don't know why I can never get it to rise and stay all puffy like when I first take it out of the oven. This wasn't my favorite, but it was edible.

I used:
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cups Sugar
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Egg
2 Mashed Ripe Bananas
1/2 c. coconut oil
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Shredded Zucchini
About 2 oz. chopped dark chocolate (or chocolate chips, if you have them)
 
Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder

In a small bowl, beat eggs, bananas, oil, and vanilla
Combine wet and dry ingredients and beat until moistened

Add zucchini and mix until combined.

Add chocolate and mix.
Spread in buttered loaf pan.
Bake approximately 60-75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. I baked mine for 85 minutes and it still came out sort of gummy. Grrr.


 This bread was okay with some butter on it, but Fanny's banana bread is much better.







No comments:

Post a Comment