Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Kale and Parmesan Frittata


Well, this was originally a spinach and cheese frittata, but since I have kale instead of spinach, it became a kale frittata, and I must admit, it's pretty good. The only changes I'd make next time is that I would add more kale. I'm not sure if Fannie meant frozen or canned spinach or fresh, but if it had been already cooked, it would have cooked down enough that it worked out. So next time, I'll start with cooked kale.

For this, I used:
  • 2 tbsp. butter
  • 5 eggs
  • 1/2 c. whole milk
  • 1 small onion, chopped fine
  • 1 c. kale, sliced
  • 1 green pepper, chopped fine
  • 1 red pepper, chopped fine
  • 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
  • 1 tbsp. parsley
  • salt & pepper

Instructions:
Melt butter in skillet

Add onion, peppers, and kale and cook about 5 minutes, until onion is translucent
 
Meanwhile, beat eggs, milk, parmesan in a separate bowl 
Add veggies to egg mixture, along with salt & pepper, and return to pan
Cook about 5 minutes, pricking the top and lifting the edges gently to let the egg mixture flow underneath.

Slide the whole thing out onto a plate and invert into frying pan and cook about 1 minute.As you can see, mine was a little overcooked on the bottom when I turned it, but I was so proud of myself for flipping the whole thing without breaking it to pieces that I didn't care a bit! This was tasty and as good as the other frittatas I've made. We had it for a quick week-night dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment