Monday, October 13, 2014

Meat Balls (for spaghetti)

I usually make really simple meatballs that are gluten free, so when I saw that these used bread crumbs, I was reminded of the ones my mom used to make. I have to admit, they held together MUCH better than my usual "recipe" (which is just a bunch of stuff mixed with ground beef and squeezed into balls).

 For this, I used:
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. dried bread crumbs
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp basil
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tbsp olive oil

1 batch spaghetti sauce (or one jar of sauce)
1/2-1 lb spaghetti noodles
parmesan cheese for topping

mix all ingredients (except oil, sauce and noodles) in a large bowl until well combined.
Shape into round balls about 1.5 inches in diameter and place in hot skillet with oil.
Cook in a single layer, turning as until browned on all sides.
Add sauce and cook about 20-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the noodles. Then top each bowl of noodles with sauce, meatballs and parmesan.











No comments:

Post a Comment