Friday, October 24, 2014

Beef and Corn Casserole

I made this beef and corn and black bean casserole, because I had some cooked black beans to use, and because it looked kind of plain with just beef and corn underneath. Even so, my husband sprinkled it liberally with spices, and even my son ate some seasoning salt on it. I don't think I'd make it again, but it was fine once. Quite edible, just not very exciting.

Ingredients:
  •  2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 c. corn kernels (I used canned, bc I don't have fresh corn)
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 c. bread crumbs
  • salt 
  • Optional: I added 2 c. cooked black beans and a lot of ground pepper, and, after it was cooked, some Tony Chachery's for seasoning.
 Directions:
Heat oil in large cast iron skillet. Add peppers and onions and cook until onion is translucent.
Add ground beef and cook until pink is gone.
Preheat oven to 350. Add black beans and corn, salt to taste, and heat through.
Pour into a casserole pan. Lay tomato slices over, sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Bake 25 minutes or until crumbs begin to brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment