Tuesday, October 7, 2014

End of Summer Vegetable Saute with Cheese

This is one of my lazy non-recipes, where I just throw together everything that sounds like it would go good together, smother it with cheese, and eat it in mass quantities. Though I've never used a recipe, I've decided to try to replicate my methods on some of the dishes that I make often but without following a recipe. So if it's not exact, that's because I never measure anything and just throw together most of my old standbys without much thought.

Here's what I used for this one:
  • 1 small zucchini
  • 1 small yellow crookneck squash
  • 1 onion
  • 1-2 cloves garlic
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 1 ripe tomato
  • 1 c. shredded cheese
  • 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
  • salt & pepper to taste

Instructions:
  1.  Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet
  2. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently
  3. Meanwhile, chop bell peppers & garlic or shred in food processor
  4. Add to pan and cook about 3 minutes, stirring frequently
  5. Meanwhile, slice zucchini and squash, and chop tomatoes
  6. Add to pan, cover, and cook about 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender, stirring occasionally.
  7. Remove from heat, add salt & pepper and top with cheese, cover,  and let sit until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment