Monday, August 25, 2014

Banana Nut Bread

This is a simple banana bread that I think I've made a few times before. It's pretty simple to make, too. If you're looking for classic banana bread that's not too sweet, this is it.

You will need:
3 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 c. white flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
optional: 2 tbsp. flax flour

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan.

Mash the bananas and add the beaten eggs.

Stir in flour, sugar, baking soda, and flax. Add walnuts and pour into loaf pan.

Bake for 1 hr or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from rack, cool for at least 10 mins before slicing.
 Unfortunately, I forgot to add the walnuts until I had already poured the batter into the pan. I love walnuts, so I can't believe I forgot them! I really wanted nut bread, but I didn't think I could mix them in without getting batter all over the loaf pan. So I just sprinkled them over the top. They did get a little dark, but they added a nutty, toasted flavor that I actually really liked! Next time, I might sprinkle a few over the top just because I liked them so much. But I will definitely remember to add them to the batter as well. Nice to know there's an alternative, though. The bread still turned out great, like usual. A classic.


3 comments:

  1. Huh. I guess I've never made this recipe.... It sounds good. Most of the ones I've seen have a lot of oil in them. It's weird that this doesn't have any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try it. It was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been making this recipe for years. I use 3-4 bananas, usually add 1/4 cup of oil, but it's just my preference and certainly not necessary. It's a forgiving recipe to try with different flours and added ingredients. I usually put the nuts on top, for people that are not nut fans. Today I am making with bananas and avocado. Favorite banana bread recipe.

    ReplyDelete