Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sauteed Zucchini


 This is a super easy side dish I made to go with Little Joe's. Fannie Farmer lists several adaptations, but I stuck with the most simple recipe, the basic one from the cookbook, because I had my hands full with the main dish.

For this, you will need:
Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic
1 medium/large zucchini (FF says 1 lb, but I don't have a cooking scale, so I just used one whole one.
Salt & pepper
Chop the garlic and add to oil in pan. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring, then add zucchini, sliced.

Cook for about ten minutes, until zucchini is tender. Do not let it get mushy!
Remove from pan, sprinkle with the garlic, salt & pepper. Voila.
This was one of the easiest recipes ever. And it was pretty tasty. The garlic did tend to sink between the slices of zucchini, and it got a bit toasted. Bits of it were browned and crispy, but it didn't burn and they were actually really good when I scooped them out and sprinkled them over the zucchini slices.

I served this with Little Joe's and tomato slices with salt & pepper. They were really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment