Sunday, August 3, 2014

Honey Yogurt Salad Dressing

This recipe was for dressing, but I'm going to post the whole salad here. This dressing called for plain yogurt, honey, and lemon juice, but I had honey-lemon yogurt, so I used that. It turned out a bit sweet, and a bit sour, too, until it was on the vegetables. Then it was perfect, and the vinegar didn't taste quite so puckeringly sour.

Here's my adaptation of the Fannie Farmer recipe.

First, I put about 1/4 c. of honey-lemon yogurt in a jar.
I added about a tbsp. of apple cider vinegar.
Then I added salt and pepper and shook it all up.

And that was it. If you want to use plain yogurt, honey, and lemon juice, that will work, too. Also, you may want to use a different kind of vinegar if you have it--white or another kind. But this was good once it was all mixed up. I didn't have any lettuce, so I chopped up some tomatoes from the garden and some cucumbers my sister gave me from hers. I put the dressing on and voila! Easiest, quickest salad ever. And pretty tasty, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment