Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Avocado Appetizer

See the tiny grains of salt on the edge? I love my HTC phone camera!
This is about the simplest recipe possible. I had a few avocados leftover from when I made guacamole, so I looked in Fannie Farmer. She didn't have many recipes for avocados. Maybe they weren't very common cuisine in the 1890s!

Anyhow, this is one recipe I found. It's called "Avocados as the first course" in The Boston Cooking School cookbook.
Ingredients + cookbook.

Here's how to make it.

Cut an avocado in half.

Sprinkle with lemon juice and salt.

Fill the seed cavity with French Dressing.


And voila, a tasty little side dish, snack, or appetizer. This was the easiest 'salad' recipe ever. And delicious and healthy. Definitely will be making this again and again. Simply perfect, perfectly simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment