Saturday, August 30, 2014

Zucchini Italian-Style

My mom has a different edition of Fannie Farmer than I do, so when I'm at her house, I like to peruse her cookbook and see if I can find new recipes. Sometimes, the recipes are altered in my updated edition, and sometimes I find things in my mom's old one that I don't have. I'm not sure if I have this recipe, but I don't remember seeing it. This is in an older edition of The Boston Cooking School Cookbook.

For this, I used:
about 1/2 tbsp. butter
one onion, chopped
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 large tomato, chopped
salt & pepper
cheese for garnish

Melt butter in skillet, cook onion until yellow, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, slice the zucchini and add to onions. Cover and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, chop the tomato. Add to pan and cook about 5 minutes.
Pour everything in an oven safe bowl or pan and sprinkle with cheese, salt & pepper.
Bake in 375 oven until browning on top, about 20-25 minutes.

This recipe was sooo good. The cheese was all chewy and melty, and the flavors all went together perfectly. This is supposed to be a side dish, but it was so good I ate it as my dinner, since no one else at home that night likes squash. But I like it. This was super yummy and easy, and I finally found a day when it was cool enough to bake, so I'm glad I made it. Excellent recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment