Thursday, August 7, 2014

Scrambled Eggs Creole

 
It's rare that we have time to sit around and eat breakfast in the morning. Usually we are too busy getting off to work and rushing to make it on time. My husband is the grab-a-coffee-and-run type, and I'm the smoothie-on-the-commute type. So when we have a weekend morning at home, I like to make breakfast.

This recipe tasted a lot like the tomato frittata I made last week, minus the ham. It was a little easier, I guess, since it didn't have to go in the oven. But overall, it's about as much work as the frittata.

I got cute with the chicken and the eggs.
Here's how I adapted the recipe.

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 tbsp. butter
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 c. tomatoes, chopped
1/4 c. grated cheese
1 tsp. organic sugar
salt and pepper

Instructions:
  • saute onions in butter in a medium cast iron skillet until onion is transparent
  • Add tomatoes, sugar, salt & pepper and cook 5 minutes
  • Add eggs and cheese and cook until eggs are solid and/or cheese is melted completely. 
This was a pretty easy and tasty recipe. I made it for my husband and I, and even though Fannie says it serves 4 (she used 5 eggs), it was really just enough for the 2 of us.  Overall, it was a nice change from the scrambled eggs I usually eat, either plain or with onions and peppers. I haven't really eaten eggs with tomatoes until just recently, but now, I really like them together!

I'd make this again any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment