Sunday, September 28, 2014

Oatmeal Pancakes

Here's another breakfast recipe I made this weekend. My son didn't like these quite as much, and I didn't either, mostly because they were very hard to flip. They kind of fell apart, even though I added twice the flour in the recipe. I'm guessing it's because I didn't use quick-oats, but regular oatmeal. While it did soften as it soaked, I don't think it soaked up as much milk as the quick cooking variety would. They tasted okay, but not special enough to make these instead of regular or buttermilk pancakes.
Ingredients:

1/2 c. whole milk
1/2 c. oatmeal (quick cooking or rolled...rolled will be a bit chewier)
1 egg
2 tbsp. flour
2 tsp. baking powder

  1. Heat the milk, then add the oatmeal and let sit 10 mins for quick oats, 20 for rolled
  2. Add the beaten egg, flour, and baking powder and mix batter. I had to add a bit more flour at this point because my batter was too thin.
  3. Cook in hot buttered skillet until golden on each side.
  4. Serve with butter and syrup or honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment