Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce



I chose this recipe for the simple fact that I had *almost* everything in it. It calls for vermichelli pasta, which I didn't have. So I used spirals, since usually I'm of the opinion that pasta is pasta and it's all pretty interchangeable (just don't tell my Italian ancestors I said that!) as long as the sauce is good.

I cut this recipe in half and it made just enough for 3 with no leftovers. I'm posting the full recipe, which should serve about 6.

You will need:
1 lb. pasta
6 vine ripened tomatoes
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp dried basil (or 2 fresh--always use fresh herbs if you've got them!)
2 tbsp dried parsley (or 4 fresh)
1/2 c. olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1/2 c. onions or scallions
salt & pepper


Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
If using onion (not scallions) add onion and cook about 3-5 minutes.


Mince garlic and add to pan (add scallions here if using them instead of onions) and cook for about 1 minute.
Chop tomatoes and add to pan, along with lemon juice, basil, parsley, salt & pepper  
Simmer for about 10 minutes while pasta cooks.
Drain the pasta and pour it into the skillet, toss to mix well, and transfer it all to a serving bowl (or just serve it from the pan if you're not fancy :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment