Monday, September 15, 2014

Sauteed Summer Squash with Tomatoes

This is one of the summer squash recipes from Fannie Farmer. It's actually one of the variations of a recipe that is just fried squash. I added tomatoes to this, and since I had half a zucchini that needed to be used, I threw that in, too.

It was pretty good. My homegrown squash and zucchini has great flavor, and the butter was a different take on it, since I usually saute it in olive oil. But it was a quick, simple side dish and very edible.

For this, I used:
2 tbsp. butter
1 small yellow/crookneck squash
1/2 zucchini
1 large tomato
salt & pepper to taste

Melt butter in skillet.
Cook over medium/low heat for about 10 minutes, until squash is soft, adding tomatoes for the last 3-5 minutes.
This made enough for a small helping of veggies for 2-3 people, and it goes well with any meat. I love any variation of fried squash, and could just eat this by itself. So good!


No comments:

Post a Comment