Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


Guess where I got this recipe? Off the wonderful collection over on this blog. My goal is to make 10 of them this year, so I'm working my way through. I already made a zucchini banana bread, but I was at my mom's and she asked me to make something from the overripe bananas she had sitting on the counter. Instead of making regular old banana bread, I went to the list and found one I hadn't made. This one calls for Greek yogurt, but I used regular vanilla, since that's what she had. I didn't adapt this one a whole lot, since it's already healthy-ish.

For this, I used:
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cups white flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup organic sugar
  • 3 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup vanilla (or plain) yogurt
  • 1 cup zucchini, grated
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
  2. Mix brown sugar, bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, yogurt, zucchini and chocolate chips in another large bowl.
  3. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
  4. Pour the mixture into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  5. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown and a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment