Saturday, July 26, 2014

Baked Peaches

I had grilled peaches once at a cookout, and they were just about the best things ever. So when I saw that Fannie Farmer had a recipe for baked peaches, I couldn't wait to try it.

Her recipe is a bit vague. It just says to peel, cut in half, and pit the peaches, fill with fruit, nuts, butter, sugar, spices, or lemon juice.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with sherry or brandy, or serve with hard sauce, whipped cream, or sour cream.

Here's what I did.
Cut 4 peaches in half and remove pits. I didn't peel them.

  Fill the center of each half with blueberries.

 Place a sliver of butter atop the blueberries.

 Sprinkle with sugar.


...And nutmeg.

Bake as directed above.

 Eat while warm.

These were as beautiful as they were delicious. I would absolutely make these again, many times over, with all kinds of fillings. They were yumtastic.

2 comments: