Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Blueberry Cobbler

If you have used The Fannie Farmer Cookbook, and you should definitely get one if you don't already have a basic cookbook that you LOVE, you know that a lot of the recipes overlap. Remember that basic cake recipe I posted yesterday? Well, here's another place you can use it. Just mix up the batter and pour it on top of this.


Up close and textural.

So, for this recipe, the cobbler part goes like this:

  • Take two cups of berries (or any fruit you want to cobble. Is that the right word?)
I used 3 cups of berries because I love them!
  • Sprinkle with one tablespoon of flour
  • Top with Cottage Pudding (AKA, basic cake recipe used as a cake, or top for cobblers, upside down cakes, etc)
I would only use half the cake recipe, because otherwise, it was way too thick, and more like blueberry upside down cake. It wasn't a thin cobbler topping like I expected. Use the full recipe for upside down cakes or regular cakes, but definitely not for cobbler.
  • Cook at 425 for 30 minutes.

Enjoy the goodness. 
I prefer the goodness topped with ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment