Monday, July 21, 2014

Baked Rice


I made this for my son when he was recovering and was supposed to be eating a bland diet. Otherwise, I probably would have made the cheesy rice version, which is still on my list of recipes to try. This one was very simple, though, so I made it one day while we were playing chess, and it didn't take long to mix up or to bake.

Cooked brown rice.
I had already cooked the rice, or it would have taken longer. Total cooking time is over an hour, if you're using brown rice, which I always use. It takes about 40 minutes to cook.

Ready to bake.
The Baked Rice recipe:
2 c. cooked rice
1 egg
1 c. milk
butter
salt, pepper, and paprika

optional add-ins: crumbled bacon, parsley, pimiento, mushrooms, or cheese.

  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Butter a baking dish.
  • Add the rice.
  • Beat egg & milk and add.
  • Dot with butter
  • Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika
  • Bake 20 minutes or until browning on top/solid. 
After baking.
 I added some dried parsley, since that was all I had in terms of add-ins. My son didn't want cheese and doesn't like mushrooms, so it was a bit plain. But it was still good. My sister liked it a lot, and I thought it would go good beside chicken. My son didn't like it at all, unfortunately. But it sufficed for plain food when he was recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment